Two things are very important to us—bringing you the area’s best rehabilitation experts and providing for your comfort. We’ve designed our Hoboken Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Center to be as home-like as possible and we’ve gathered a rehabilitation team known for their excellence and compassion.
Contact us at 201.418.1164 to learn more about our individualized rehabilitation care.
The center provides full rehabilitation services to those recovering from a variety of conditions, including:
- Spinal cord injury
- Major multiple trauma
- Bilateral knee replacements
- Fractures of femur
- Brain injury
- Neurological disorders, including multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease
Your expert treatment team will consist of highly qualified specialists led by a physiatrist—a physician who is an expert in rehabilitation care. Your physiatrist will plan your treatment program in consultation with your personal physician. Other members of your team can include:
- Registered nurses and certified nursing assistants who are experienced in rehabilitative care.
- Physical therapists to help reduce your pain and improve your strength, balance and coordination.
- Occupational therapists to assist in developing your upper body strength and coordination by working on activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, and home management.
- Recreational therapists to offer you leisure activities to maintain your physical, social and emotional well-being.
- Speech language pathologists to help improve your speech, language, and swallowing.
- Case managers/social workers to help make plans to continue your recovery after you leave the hospital.
- Dietitians to help you design a healthy meal plan.
What to expect
Learn all about what to expect from Hoboken Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Center.
We also offer transitional care for those needing extended recovery care. You’ll find our Transitional Care Units at Bayonne Medical Center, 201.858.5000 and Hoboken University Medical Center, 201.418.2151.