Increasing your physical activity is a large part of losing weight and creating a healthier lifestyle. Intensifying your workouts can elevate your heart rate and boost your metabolism. Learn how to safely increase your physical activity levels and become a healthier you.
Make physical activity a regular part of your day
The number-one tip to remember throughout your weight-loss journey is to make physical activity a regular part of your day. You are changing your life by scheduling walks, jogs, play time with your kids, yoga, lifting weights, gardening, etc. You won’t lose weight in the blink of an eye, so work on incorporating more activities into your life and doing something physical every day to help you lose fat and tone your muscles.
Performing physical activities for 10 minutes a day can help you receive the health benefits you want without taking up too much of your time. Try adding a 10-minute walk before lunch or do yoga before or after work to help boost your metabolism and de-stress. Keep comfortable clothes and running shoes in your car or at the office to allow flexibility in your busy life, because we all know everybody needs a break from their desk at different times each day.
More tips for increasing physical activity:
- Create a walking group in your neighborhood
- Push your child in a stroller
- Enjoy an after12:00 p.m. bike ride with the whole family
- Walk the dog
- Clean the house or wash your car
- Mow your lawn with a push mower
- Exercise to a workout video
- Get off the bus or subway one stop early and walk the rest of the way
- Replace coffee with a brisk 10-minute walk
- Join your work exercise program or a nearby gym
- Play with the office softball team
- Walk, jog, skate, or cycle
- Swim or join a water aerobics class
- Join a yoga or dance studio
- Canoe, row, or kayak at a nearby lake or river
- Ski cross-country or downhill
- Take a nature walk or go on a hike
Remember to have fun while being active and ask your friends or family to join in and you’ll be able to talk and laugh together as you socialize and burn calories. Learn more tips for increasing your physical activity level on ChooseMyPlate.gov.
CarePoint Health Bariatric Surgery
CarePoint Health Center for Bariatric Surgery offers a number of different weight-loss surgeries to help you meet your weight-loss goals, including sleeve gastrectomy and Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery. To learn more about our bariatric surgery options, contact us at 201-795-8175 and register for our free seminar.
Content on our website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911. Always consult your physician before making any changes to your medical treatment.