Inpatient Children's Services
In our inpatient children's units, we practice high-tech medical care in an atmosphere designed to reduce anxiety in both children and their parents and to promote healing. Our staff includes many of the area’s leading pediatricians and nurses specially trained to care for children of all ages. Our pediatric nurses regularly rate above the national average for patient satisfaction. From our staff to our facilities, we have taken great care in creating children's inpatient units that excel medically, as well as compassionately.
In our child and family-focused environment, we provide accommodations for parents to be able to stay with their child and offer child-friendly menu items with a room service attitude. Wireless internet, child diversion activities and games, and a security system ensures a comfortable and safe environment.
Some resources that might be helpful in talking to your child (or their siblings or peers) about going to the hospital include:
- Preschool: Franklin Goes to the Hospital, Paulette Bourgeois; Curious George Goes to the Hospital, Margaret & H.A. Rey; Little Critter: My Trip to the Hospital, Mercer Mayer
- Preschool to Third Grade: When You're Sick or in the Hospital: Healing Help for Kids, Tom McGrath; Do I have to Go to the Hospital?, Barron’s Educational Series
- Third to Sixth Grade: Everything You Need to Know about Staying in the Hospital, Patricia J. Murphy
- Seventh Grade and Up: Coping with a Hospital Stay, Sharon Carter
- Adult: Your Child in the Hospital: A Practical Guide for Parents, Nancy Keene and Rachel Prentice, Patient Centered Guides; Caregiver Resources at Child Life Council