Patients receiving treatment for breast cancer at CarePoint Health are cared for by a multi-disciplinary team of specialized physicians and staff members who meet regularly to review patients’ cases and plan courses of treatment. Led by Dr. Robbi Kempner, who specializes in breast surgery, this team is made up of specialists from CarePoint Health’s breast imaging, medical oncology and radiation oncology departments, a nurse navigator, a social worker, a nutritionist, a clinical trials nurse, and resident physicians. This core team remains with you throughout your care, ensuring you have a consistent, informed, and comfortable experience.
Physicians and support staff collaborate regularly by participating in CarePoint Health’s Cancer Treatment Planning Conference, which allows all involved in the care of breast cancer patients to come together to discuss clinical trials, research studies, and treatment recommendations according to nationally recognized guidelines. It is this dedication to excellence that makes CarePoint Health Center for Breast Health a leader in comprehensive, multidisciplinary breast health care.
Meet CarePoint Health Center for Breast Health’s Multidisciplinary Care Team
- Dr. Robbi Kempner, Director, Center for Breast Health and Co-Director, Cancer Center
- Dr. Efat Azizi, Medical Oncologist
- Dr. Nalini Shah, Medical Oncologist
- Dr. Hitendra Upadhyaya, Hematology and Oncology Specialist
- Dr. Anne Kim, Radiation Oncologist
- Dr. Caryn Gamss, Radiologist
- Dr. Vivek Masson, Radiologist
- Dr. Amish Patel, Radiologist
- Dr. Faisal Shah, Radiologist
- Felicia Briggs, Nurse Practitioner