Students are promoted on the basis of scholastic achievement and clinical performance. Requirements for graduation are:
- Completion of the Academic Program as outlined in the curriculum plan;
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.3 or above, with a 78 or higher, in all Nursing Courses and a C or higher, in all the science courses;
- Fulfill all financial obligations;
- Satisfactory score on a standardized comprehensive nursing readiness exam;
- Completion of the required NCLEX-RN Review Course and NCLEX-RN preparation requirements
Grading for Nursing and Non-Nursing Courses
Grading for non-nursing courses is according to the grading policy of Hudson County Community College. A student must achieve a 78 in a nursing course and pass the clinical component to pass the course. Clinical failure or a grade of less than 78 in theory will result in a 0 (F) for the nursing course.
The theory grade for a nursing course will be based on quizzes, exams and a final exam and paper/project(s), as per the course syllabus. A student must pass both the theoretical and clinical component of the course. A student who fails either the theoretical and clinical components of the course will receive a grade of F, and must repeat the course in its entirety.
Students enrolled in a nursing course must meet the clinical objectives of the course in order to pass the clinical portion of the course. Students will fail clinical if they do not successfully pass the medication competency test, according to the school of nursing requirements because they will be deemed unsafe to administer medications and, therefore, not meet the clinical objectives of the course.
|CarePoint Health School of Nursing|
|A = 4.0||A = 4.0||92 to 100|
|A- = 3.7||A- = 3.7||89 to 91|
|B+ = 3.3||B+ = 3.3||86 to 88|
|B = 3.0||B = 3.0||83 to 85|
|B- = 2.7||B- = 2.7||80 to 82|
|C+ = 2.3||C+ = 2.3||78 to 79|
|C = 2.0||F= 0||Theory grade of less than 78 and/or clinical failure|
|C- = 1.7|
|D+ = 1.3|
|D = 1.0|
|F = 0|
- CarePoint Health School of Nursing169 Palisade Avenue
Jersey City NJ, 07306