How to Apply to the Residency Program
Applications to the New York Medical College Family Medicine Residency Program at CarePoint Health Hoboken University Medical Center will be accepted only through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). For information regarding this process, contact your dean’s office. You can find additional information at the ERAS Website:
The ERAS office phone number is 202.828.0413.
The following items must be submitted to ERAS:
- Dean’s letter
- Official medical school transcript
- Official United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) or Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination (COMLEX) transcript
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates® (ECFMG) certificate (for international medical graduates)
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation commenting on the applicant’s medical knowledge, clinical judgment and character.
All applications must be received by December 15th.
Instructions for Applicants:
- We only accept the Common Application Form (CAF) designed by the Association of American Medical Colleges for the ERAS. We participate in the National Resident Matching Program. Every application received is reviewed by the Recruitment Committee.
- International medical graduates must have proof of permanent residency or US citizenship along with their ECFMG certificate as indicated above.
- Applicants who are graduates of allopathic schools must have passed USMLE Steps I, II and Step II Clinical Skills prior to the Match. A USMLE transcript must be received for your application to be considered. Graduates of osteopathic schools must submit an official COMLEX transcript.
- All applicants must have graduated from a medical school recognized by the World Health Organization within the past three years. If greater than three years, applicants must show evidence of strong clinical experience (preferably in the United States).
- After the application is received and reviewed, selected applicants will be invited for an interview via e-mail.
- For information, please call Martha Truglio, our GME Administrator, at 201.418.3127 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New York Medical College Family Medicine Residency at CarePoint Health Hoboken University Medical Center122 Clinton Street
Hoboken NJ, 07030