The CarePoint Health Sleep Center
A sleep disorder, or somnipathy, is a medical disorder of an individual’s sleep pattern, Some sleep disorders are serious enough to interfere with normal physical, mental and emotional functioning.
The CarePoint Health Sleep Center treats the most common sleep disorders, including obstructive sleep apnea, insomnia, narcolepsy, limb movement disorders and circadian rhythm disorders.
Symptoms of Sleep Apnea
- Excessive daytime sleepiness (hypersomnia)
- Loud snoring, which is usually more prominent in obstructive sleep apnea
- Episodes of breathing cessation during sleep witnessed by another person
- Abrupt awakenings accompanied by shortness of breath, which more likely indicates central sleep apnea
- Awakening with a dry mouth or sore throat
- Morning headache
- Difficulty staying asleep (insomnia)
- Attention problems
Hours of Operation:
Appointments are available at CarePoint Health – Bayonne Medical Center Monday-Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm and CarePoint Health – Christ Hospital Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Patients need to obtain a prescription from their doctor in order to have testing done. However, the doctor does not need to be a board certified sleep doctor.