Laboratory and Pathology
The CarePoint Health Laboratory Service is full-service and accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP). Our highly experienced staff has expertise in Anatomic Pathology, Cytopathology, clinical chemistry, hematology, blood bank, and microbiology, therapeutic drug monitoring and clinical pathology. More than a half million samples are tested each year. It is the laboratory’s responsibility to assist the physicians to diagnose, classify and determine the status of disease.
With our staff of professionals, which includes four board certified pathologists, the laboratory is open around the clock every day of the year. Stringent quality control programs are an integral part of all testing. The laboratory uses a CAP Certified Refrence Laboratory for most of its reference testing.
Most patients can be seen on a walk-in basis. Specialized tests, such as glucose tolerance tests, should be scheduled. Please refer to the contact information below to inquire about each hospital’s hours of operation.
The CarePoint Health’s Department of Pathology and Laboratory Service is accredited by:
- College of American Pathologists
- American Association of Blood Banks
- New Jersey State Department of Health
- New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners
- Laboratory at Bayonne Medical Center29 East 29th Street
Bayonne NJ, 07002
- Laboratory at Christ Hospital176 Palisade Avenue
Jersey City NJ, 07306
- Laboratory at Hoboken University Medical Center308 Willow Avenue
Hoboken NJ, 07030