CarePoint Health Center for Bariatric Surgery
We are proud to announce The Garrison Center for Healthy Living has joined CarePoint Health Center for Bariatric Surgery. The Garrison Center’s founder, Dr. Jordan Garrison performs minimally invasive weight loss surgery in our private and supportive environment.
For people who are severely overweight, bariatric surgery may be an important step in the process of losing excess weight. Surgery is just one piece of the puzzle, however. Those who choose surgery also need comprehensive support and education for a successful long-term outcome. With compassion and a focus on the practical needs of its patients, the Center is committed to working with patients through every step.
Losing weight means better health
Getting the extra weight off can mean reduction or resolution of many health ailments including diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, polycystic ovarian syndrome, depression, asthma, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), and joint pain.
Who is a candidate for surgery?
- Individuals must be 100 pounds or more overweight; or
- 80 pounds or more above ideal body weight, with health problems including diabetes, high blood pressure, or sleep apnea;
- Have long-term history of obesity;
- Have failed to lose weight through non-surgical programs;
- Will be able to comply with new dietary and lifestyle changes after surgery.
Which bariatric surgery is right for you?
Several surgical options are available, including Lap-Band® Surgery, Realize Band Surgery, Sleeve Gastrectomy, and Gastric Bypass Surgery.
Attending one of our free seminars is the first step in determining which procedure is right for you. Call 973.570.2221 to register.