Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Center
Hoboken Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Center brings the area’s leading rehabilitation specialists to Hoboken. The center provides full rehabilitation services to patients recovering from a variety of conditions, including:
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Major Multiple Trauma
- Bilateral Knee Replacements
- Fractures of Femur
- Brain Injury
- Neurological Disorders, including Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s Disease
The Area’s Best Rehabilitation Experts
With renowned doctors and therapists you know and trust, our Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Center already has a proven track record of excellence.
Our treatment team will meet with you and your family periodically to assess progress and adjust your therapy if necessary.
Your treatment team will consist of highly qualified specialists led by a physiatrist – a physician who is an expert in rehabilitation care. The physiatrist will plan your treatment program in consultation with your personal physician. Other hospital specialists include:
- Registered Nurses and certified nursing assistants who are experienced in rehab provide care and compassion needed for recovery and healing. Our nursing staff helps coordinate patient care.
- Physical Therapists who help patients reduce pain and improve strength, balance, and coordination to improve overall functional mobility.
- Occupational Therapists who will assist in developing your upper body strength and coordination by working on activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, and home management.
- Recreational Therapists who will offer leisure activities to maintain patient’s physical, social, or emotional well-being.
- Speech Language Pathologist to help improve your speech, language, and swallowing; VitalStim (NMES) provider.
- Case Managers/Social Workers to discuss the rehab routine and make plans to continue your recovery after you leave the hospital
- A Dietitian, an expert in food and nutrition, will help design a healthy meal plan.
Your Doctor and Your Rehab Care
Your stay usually begins with a referral from your personal physician and/or case manager/social worker. As soon as we receive a referral, a liaison will review your case to determine whether our facility is the best place for you. This rehab liaison and/or case manager will discuss our program so that you know what to expect. He/she will also answer any questions you may have and suggest items to bring with you for your stay.
Your Personal Therapy Program
No two people are alike, so our experts will design personalized therapy programs to meet your individual needs.
All patients take part in formal therapy six days a week. On a typical day, you will have therapy for at least 3 hours in divided sessions. There are support groups that let you talk with others who are facing challenges similar to yours.
If you need a break, our specialists will provide you with ample time to rest and recharge before you begin a new activity.
The length of time spent in the rehab center varies from person to person and depends on your unique rehabilitation needs and achievements. Once a week your rehab team will meet with you and your family to discuss your progress and review your goals and discharge plan. Your case manager/social worker will meet with you and your family on a regular basis to address any concerns. Our goal is for you to return home leading an active and independent life. Prior to discharge, an individualized home exercise program will be provided to help enhance your recovery.
An At-Home Atmosphere
At the Hoboken Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Center your comfort is important to us. We have designed our center to be as home-like as possible with plenty of time for leisure activities and socializing with other patients. This atmosphere helps you to maintain a positive outlook and provides you with multiple opportunities to practice the skills you will need to function well at home.
In your own room you can practice the skills you’ve learned from therapy, such as dressing with your own clothes and grooming. There are recreational activities which you can take part in including a cooking group where you can prepare a homemade meal. For your enjoyment, we also offer free in-house television and local phone service.
Your Family and Your Recovery
Support of family and freinds is an important part of your recovery. The Hoboken Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Center offers educational programs designed to involve the patient and family members. Family and friends are welcome to attend therapy sessions to support and encourage patients during their therapy.
The therapist will also invite your family to attend special family education session(s) prior to your leaving the hospital to ensure a safe transition home. Some examples of patient and family education are:
- Individual or Group Sessions with a Nurse or Therapist
- Stroke Support Group
- Amputee Support Group
- Diagnosis – Related Reading
- Materials and Videos
- Food and Medication Interactions Pamphlets
As an integral part of Hoboken Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Center our rehab specialists have a host of other hospital services they can access to further personalize your care and make your stay more comfortable. They include:
- Private patient rooms
- Dialysis on site
- Psychology and counseling services to overcome emotional difficulties that may accompany illness or disability
- Fitting for prosthetic and othotic devices (artificial limbs and braces) by a certified specialist
- Durable medical equipment assessment and ordering
- Individual pastoral care services, as well as religious services of different denominations
- Personal mail delivery
- Translation services for any language 24/7
- Services for persons with hearing and visual difficulties
- Parking on site
- Visiting hours: 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM daily
We Are Here to Help
Our goal – to help you regain as much independence quickly as possible. No two people are alike, so the experts at the Hoboken Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Center design personalized therapy programs to meet your individual needs. For more information about insurance coverage or the services we provide, please contact us directly.
- Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation at Hoboken University Medical Center308 Willow Avenue
Hoboken NJ 07030
Phone: 1.866.RX.REHAB (1.866.797.3422)