We want you to be healthy, wealthy, and wise, so we’re starting off each week with a Meatless Monday recipe courtesy of some of our amazing providers! Here’s another one from: Emily Kim, MS, RD, CNSC.
This week’s recipe is a delicious noodle bowl. It comes with a spicy sauce, that you can make as spicy as you want!
Asian Noodle Bowl with Spicy Almond Sauce
¼ cup sliced almonds
¾ lb whole wheat spaghetti
½ head broccoli (about ¾ lb), tops cut into flowerets, stems peeled and sliced thinly
2 cups (about 4 oz) snow peas, trimmed
1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
½ cup unsalted almond butter
¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
3 T fresh lime juice
2 T brown sugar
1 T chili-garlic sauce, such as Sriracha
1 scallion, green part only (about 3 T)
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Toast the almonds in a dry skillet on medium heat, stirring frequently until they’re golden, about 3 minutes.
3. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Three minutes before the pasta is ready, add the broccoli to the pasta pot. One minute before it’s ready, add the snow peas and red peppers to the pot.
4. While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. Place the almond butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, chili-garlic sauce, and 3 T boiling water from the pasta pot into a large bowl, and whisk until smooth.
5. Drain the noodles and vegetables, return them to the pasta pot, add the sauce and toss to coat. Serve garnished with the toasted almonds and scallion greens.
Calories: 410; Total fat: 16g; Sat fat: 1.5g; Cholesterol: 85mg; Sodium: 460mg; Total carbohydrates: 60g; Dietary fiber: 17g; Protein: 15g.
Come visit one of our amazing doctors who would love to meet you and chat about your health! Learn more about us at CarePoint Health.