This Friday we have a link roundup for you in honor of Sleep Month. Here are a few stories from around the internet to help learn about sleep, so you can catch those wonderful ZZZ’s!
RelaxingMusic/flickr creative commons
1. We’ve all heard that you can’t ‘catch up’ on sleep. A consistent sleep schedule is best, but one of our favorite health blogs, Greatist, gives us a different story… kind of.
2. Next up, looks like doctors might start prescribing sleep to cure a variety of mental and physical ailments, like ADHD and obesity. Honestly, who doesn’t want a little extra sleep?
3. Snacks before bed? Say no to those potato chips, they might be causing insomnia!
4. What actually happens when you are sleeping? NPR shares how sleeping cleans things up in your brain.
5. And if you need help sleeping, lavender is proven to cause a calming effect when inhaled. Enjoy the scent as you drift off to sleep!
If you’re looking for help with your sleep health, come see us! We have a dedicated Sleep Center that can help you with anything from insomnia to sleep apnea.